This Week’s Mock Oral Exams (MOE = khôlle)
- Visit the padlet
- Attend an MOE (PC or PSI) : bring your MOE booklet and follow page 24 to understand the examiner’s expectations.
Lesson 2 – UNIT 1: Discovering new spaces
- In the news
- Methodology 1 : How to study a visual document (UNIT 1, p 17-25)
- Speaking and analyzing a picture : American Progress, John Gast : EOI
- Listening and writing : Video : Watch and take notes using the Timeline (UNIT 1 p. 2)
- Methodology 2 : How to read efficiently (UNIT 1, p. 26)
Hand-outs : We have used UNIT 1 – Page 2, 4, 5, 17-26 + Manifest Destiny, Script
HOMEWORK: A bit of English everyday 🙂
1/ Buy English Grammar in Use with answers , 5th edition, Raymond Murphy, Cambridge University press, 2019, ISBN 978-1-10845765-1
2/ Subscribe to all the Padlets (MOE / General Knowledge / Pronunciation). Thus, you will know when something new has been added.
3/ Keep memorizing V1(1 repetition), V3 part 1 (4 repetitions),
4/ Revise Irregular verbs part 1 and 2 (GRAMMAR BOOKLET page 86). Use the same methodology as for vocabulary lists.
5/ Read GR2 (GRAMMAR BOOKLET) + create a revision card + do the exercises in the book.
6/ Read the text (Unit 1 p. 4) then do the activities p. 5 to 6)
7/ Memorize the information written on the timeline (if you need more explanations, reread the script)